In iPhone devices, “Photos” is the app where all the pictures and videos are saved of the iPhone devices. We can delete these photos by clicking on the blue delete option. The photos received from iMessage, WhatsApp, and other social media platforms can be quickly deleted on the Photo App by clicking the delete icon but on some photos, the delete option is greyed out.
In this blog, we will illustrate the reasons why we can’t delete photos on the iPhone and the proper solutions to resolve this issue.
Reason for Can’t Delete Photos on iPhone
The delete option on some photos is greyed out because these photos are synced from iTunes or Finder. These photos can only be deleted by connecting the iPhone with Windows and Mac. The other reason could be the iCloud feature is enabled. If the iCloud feature is enabled then these photos are synced to the iCloud.
Solutions to Resolve the “Can’t Delete Photos on iPhone” Issue
The two solutions to resolve the “can’t delete the photos on iPhone” issue are described below:
Solution 1: Deleting Photos by Using Windows and Mac
To delete the photos by using Windows and Mac, follow the below stated steps:
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone to the “Mac or Windows” via lightning cable.
- Step 2: Open iTunes, if we have Windows and Mac running “Mojave 10.14” and older versions.
- Step 3: Open Finder, if we have the Mac running “Cataline 10.15” and newer versions.
- Step 4: On iTunes, click on the iPhone icon at the left-upper corner of the screen.
- Step 5: On Finder, click on the iPhone icon below the Locations option on the screen.
- Step 6: Click on the “Photos” option and then select the album or unselect the photos that we want to delete.
- Step 7: Click on the “Remove” option and then click on the “Apply” option to complete this process.
These steps will delete all the photos that we wanted.
Solution 2: Disable the iCloud on the iPhone Device
To Disable the iCloud feature on the iPhone device, follow the below-listed steps:
- Step 1: Open the settings of the iPhone device and tap on the “Profile” icon:
- Step 2: Select the “iCloud” option and then tap on the “Photos” option:
- Step 3: From there, disable the iCloud features by toggling the “iCloud Photos” option:
These steps will disable the iCloud feature and resolve this issue.
We have provided the reasons and possible solutions to resolve the can’t delete photos on iPhone issue.
In the photos app on the iPhone device, the delete option on some pictures is greyed out because these photos are synced with iTunes and finders. The pictures can also be synced with iCloud on the iPhone device. To resolve the can’t delete photos on iPhone issue, the solutions are deleting photos by using Windows or Mac and disabling the iCloud features on the iPhone device. In this article, we have demonstrated the reasons and appropriate solutions to resolve the can’t delete photos on iPhone issue.