The package file is a pre-install app for all android devices and this package file has a unique name ID(identification) to identify by the android system easily. The package name generally follows the pattern, such as “com.developername.appname”. The developer name means the developer of the android device which is “Google”.
In this blog, we will demonstrate the details of com.android.gallery and solutions to the error “Gallery Has Stopped”.
What is com.android.gallery3d Meaning?
The com.android.gallery3d is the package name of the gallery app for android phones. All android devices have a package name file that stores important files and it also has a unique name to identify by the system easily.
com.android.gallery3d is Safe or Not?
com.android.gallery3d is a very safe and secure package file. It is a pre-loaded package developed by the manufacturer of the android device, such as com.sec.android.gallery3d is the Samsung gallery package in which “sec” stands for “Samsung Electronics Co.Ltd.” Some of the users assume that it is the malware, however, rest assured; it is a very safe package file.
Gallery App is Disabled by Corrupted Files
Sometimes corrupted files caused the gallery app to be disabled on android devices. However, this problem can be fixed by installing the stock gallery (stock gallery is a gallery repair tool ). Alternatively, we can download third-party applications, such as Google Photos, etc.
How to Fix: Gallery has Stopped Working?
There are various solutions to resolve the issue of the gallery having stopped working, some of the important solutions are given below:
- Solution 1: Restart the android device.
- Solution 2: Check the SD card storage of the android device.
- Solution 3: Remove the SD card of the android device.
- Solution 4: Clear the cache of the gallery app.
- Solution 5: Factory reset the phone.
Solution 1. Restart the Android device
Restarting the android device sometimes resolves the issue of the gallery which have stopped working. It is the quickest solution to resolve the problem. To restart the device follow the below explained steps:
- Keep the power button pressed until a menu appear on the screen.
- Simply, tap on the “restart” option to reboot the device
Solution 2. Check the SD Card Storage of the Android Device
If the storage of the SD card is full, try to delete some large files from the SD card to free up some space.. After deleting, it may disappear the message “Gallery Has stopped” from the android devices.
Solution 3. Remove the SD Card of the Android Device
Remove the SD card from the android device, then open the gallery app and see if the message has disappeared or not. If the message does not appear and the gallery is working fine then again re-enter the SD card. if the same issue occurred again, then there could be a fault within your SD card. Consider formatting or replacing the SD card to resolve this problem.
Solution 4. Clear the Cache of the Gallery App
To clear the cache of the gallery app, follow the below-steps:
- First, unlock the android device and open “Settings”.
- Then, hit on the option “Apps”.
- After that, tap on the “Ellipsis” icon on the right top.
- Now, select the “system apps” option.
- Next, search and tap on the “Gallery app”.
- After that, tap on the “storage” option.
- Finally, tap on the “clear cache” option on the android screen.
Note: Some steps may vary from the stated one because of the different devices/software.
Solution 5. Factory Reset the Android Phone
If none of the above solutions is not resolving the problem; rest the device. However, before doing this solution, first, make a backup copy of the data because this solution will delete all the data from the android phone. To factory reset the phone follow the below-given steps:
- First, unlock the android phone and navigate to “Settings”.
- After that, we need to select “General” option.
- Next, scroll down and hit on the “reset” button.
- Now, tap on the “Factory reset” option.
- Finally, enter the password or pin and then tap on the “delete all” option.
These steps will delete all the data and information from the android device.
How to Delete the com.android.gallery3d from the Android Device?
To delete or remove this package there are two methods available that are stated below:
- By using ADB(Android Debug Bridge)
- By using a third-party remover.
Note: It is not recommended to delete the package file because it is a pre-installed package and it can not be downloaded again after the deletion.
Method 1. Deleting the Package File by Using the ADB (Android Debug Bridge)
To delete the package file using the android debug bridge method follow the below-given steps:
- First, unlock the phone and open the settings.
- After that, tap on “software information” and then tap on “build number” 5 to 7 times until it appears the message developers.
- Then, open the developer options and make “USB debugging” option enabled.
- Next, install the “ADB” in your PC/laptop using this link.
- After that, extract the Zip file within any folder.
- Next, open the folder and within the folder press or hold the shift button, then press right-click.
- Now, select the option “open PowerShell window here”.
- After that, run the command “adb devices”.
- Then, connect the computer to an android device with the assistance of a data cable.
- Now, run the command “pm uninstall -k -user0 com.android.gallery3d”.
Finally, after running this command, it will delete the package file from the android device.
Method 2. Deleting the Package File by Using the Third-Party App Remover
Note: this process needs the root access of the android device.
To delete the package file by using the third-party app remover follow the below-given steps.
- First, install the app “System App Remover”.
- After that, search for “gallery app” and tap on it.
- Finally, tap on the “Uninstall” option.
These steps will remove the package file from the android device.
We have covered all the possible details of com.android.gallery3d and solutions to the error “Gallery Has Stopped”.
The com.android.gallery3d is the pre-install app that is used to store the images and video of android devices. This app can also be utilized for the editing of pictures and videos. Sometimes errors like “Gallery has stopped” occur on android devices; to resolve such errors, there are various solutions, for example, clearing the cache data and restarting the android phone. In this post, we have explained the details of com.android.gallery3d and the solution to the error “Gallery Has Stopped” with appropriate solutions.