All Android devices come with pre-install package files to control the functions of the smartphone. Some package files are very important for the device, such as com.android.server.telecom. The com.android.server.telecom is usually used by the developer. The code of the com.android.server.telecom is frequently updated by Google for a better user experience.
This article will elaborate on com.android.server.telecom and proper solutions to fix the issue of com.android.server.telecom error message.
What is “com.android.server.telecom”?
The com.android.server.telecom is the built-in framework of the Android operating system that makes and receives all types of calls, such as SIM-based and VoIP using SIP(Sip Connection Service). The “com.android.server.telecom” also supports video calls. It makes and receives the calls with the help of the “incallui” which represents the graphical options on the device screen, such as the hangup button, calls recording button, and speaker button on the interface of the phone call.
Why we Need com.android.server.telecom on Android Devices
Without com.android.server.telecom, we will not be able to make and receive any type of call on the phone. This package file maintains the calling functionality for us without consuming a greater amount of battery. There are several features provided by the Android server telecom which are described below:
- The “call” feature is used to make outbound and outgoing calls on the GUI(Graphic User Interface) of the phone.
- The “call.details” feature shares the information with the person we are calling, such as our phone number and the time of the call.
- The “call audio state” features have information about the audio state of the call, such as mute, hold, and speaker phone.
- The “conference” feature allows adding more than one user to the call, such as a conference call.
- The “connection” feature confirms the connectivity between both ends and finds the call-related information.
- The “connection.video provider” verifies the connectivity of the video calls for the VoIP and VoLTE network service on Android devices.
- The “Phone account” function picks the information of the calling account as well as the network details and SIP account details.
These are some great features of the com.android.server.telecom.
Can we Uninstall the com.android.server.telecom?
No, we don’t have access to uninstall the com.android.server.telecom because it is the built-in framework of Android devices. If we uninstall the com.android.server.telecom, our phone is not able to make and receive any calls. Sometimes, the error message that says com.android.server.telecom has stopped working occurs on Android devices.
How to Fix com.android.server.telecom Has Stopped Working?
To fix the issue of “com.android.server.telecom has stopped working”, the following solution will be followed:
- Remove the Corrupted data of the phone app.
- Update the firmware of the cell phone.
Solution 1: Remove the Corrupted Data of the Phone app
To clear the cache data of the phone app, follow the below-stated steps:
Step 1: Open the device settings and then choose the “Apps” option:
Step 2: After that, tap on the “Manage app/All apps” option and then search for the “Phone” app:
Step 3: Finally, tap on the “Clear data” option and select the “Clear Cache” option:
These steps will remove the cache data of the phone app and resolve this issue.
Solution 2: Update the Firmware of the Cell Phone
Follow the below-described steps to update the firmware of the cell phone:
Step 1: Navigate to the smartphone settings and then tap on the “About Phone” option:
Step 2: Tap on the “MIUI version/ update software” option:
Step 3: Tap on the “Check for updates” option. If the update is available, the phone will automatically start downloading it:
These steps will update the software of the device.
We have provided all the details about the com.android.server.telecom. Moreover, we have also covered the solutions to resolve the issues of com.android.server.telecom.
The com.android.server.telecom is the built-in framework of the Android operating system that is responsible for making and receiving all types of calls, such as SIM-Based and VoIP. Without this package file, the smartphone will not be able to make and receive any call. Clearing the cache data and updating the software of the device is the solution for the error message of the com.android.server.telecom. This blog has demonstrated all the details about com.android.server.telecom and appropriate solutions to fix the error message com.android.server.telecom has stopped working.