The micro-app is a mobile application that is created to perform only one specific task. This app is used for the commercial intent to decrease the cost of the projects. It also decreases the complexity for the developers and users. The com.samsung.android.fmm is the micro app developed by Samsung Electronics.
In this post, we will demonstrate the details of com.samsung.android.fmm and steps of “how to enable or disable the com.samsung.android.fmm on Samsung devices.
What is com.samsung.android.fmm and What is its Role in Samsung Devices?
The com.samsung.android.fmm is the code or app that is related to the “Find MY Mobile” (also known as micro app) feature on Samsung devices. This app is located below the “Recent app” or “All apps” in the “Google Activity Log”. This code assists in finding, locking, or even controlling Samsung devices remotely. In the process of finding the misplaced device, we first have to confirm that the device we are trying to find is a Samsung device. If the device has an active internet connection, this app will locate the lost Samsung device in no time and shows the position on the map.
Is com.samsung.android.fmm app Malware?
Some people think that the com.samsung.android.fmm is a virus or malware that steals personal data. There is nothing like that because the com.samsung.android.fmm is developed by Samsung Electronics itself. Moreover, this app/code falls under the Galaxy store laws, which assures that it is completely safe.
How to Enable/Disable the com.samsung.android.fmm app on Samsung Devices?
Before using this app, we have to follow the standards of the app. The standards of the app are stated in the steps below:
- The “Samsung Galaxy Account” must be created before using the “Find My Mobile” functionality. To create a Samsung account, click here.
- The remote control feature must be enabled because it helps the com.samsung.android.fmm in locating the device.
To Enable com.samsung.android.fmm Feature:
- First, open “Settings” on the Samsung smartphone.
- Then, tap on the “Biometric and Security” option in the list of options:
- Finally, toggle the button to enable the “Find My Device” option:
To Disable com.samsung.android.fmm Feature:
- First, navigate to “Settings” on the Samsung device.
- Then, tap on the “App” option. This will appear the list of all the installed apps on the device.
- After that, search for “com.samsung.android.fmm” and tap on it.
- Finally, click on the “Disable” option.
These steps will disable the com.samsung.android.fmm.
We have explained what is com.samsung.android.fmm and described the steps of how to enable or disable the com.samsung.android.fmm for Samsung devices.
The com.samsung.android.fmm is the app that has a direct link with the “Find My Mobile” functionality on Samsung devices. This app is utilized to locate the misplaced Samsung device if it has an active internet connection. The com.samsung.android.fmm is a safe and secure app that is provided by Samsung to its users. In this blog, we have covered the details of com.samsung.android.fmm app and proper steps to enable or disable the com.samsung.android.fmm app on Samsung devices.