The iHome is a well-known portable speaker and is very popular because of its affordable prices with good quality. Basically, the iHome speaker is manufactured for iOS smartphones, however, it can also be connected to other operating systems, such as Android and Windows.
This guide will demonstrate the reasonable steps to pair the iHome speaker to an iPhone device.
How to Connect iHome to iPhone
We can connect the iHome speaker to the iPhone with the assistance of Bluetooth. To do so, the below-described steps should be followed:
- Step 1: Hold the “power button” of the iHome speaker until it sounds twice:
- Step 2: Next, hold the “Bluetooth/Pair” button on the iHome speaker until it starts flashing:
- Step 3: Now, unlock the iPhone device and open the settings app.
- Step 4: Select the Bluetooth option and toggle its switch to turn it on:
- Step 5: The “iHome model number” will appear on the list of available devices.
- Step 6: Tap on the “iHome” speaker name and type the code “0000 / 1234” if requested.
- Step 7: The iHome speaker will connect to the iPhone device after entering the code.
Note: The iPhone and iHome speakers must be close to each other, for example, less than 30ft.
These steps will connect the iHome speaker to the iPhone smartphone.
Bonus Tip: How to Connect iHome Speaker to Computer/Mac
To connect the iHome speaker to the computer/laptop or Mac:
Step 1: Setup the iHome Speaker with PC/Mac
To set up the iHome speaker with the PC, first, turn on the iHome speaker and then connect it to the PC. There are different sources to connect the device to the PC, such as “Audio cable”, “USB cable” and “Bluetooth”.
Step 2: Download the Driver on the Device if Necessary
After the speaker is connected, download the driver on the device if it is not playing the sound. Mostly PC drivers are updated, however, we can download the driver from the device manufacturer’s website.
Step 3: Adjust the Audio Settings
As this step is only dedicated to setting the audio settings on the Mac, so, launch the “System Preferences” and select the “Sound” option. Hit the “Output” option and set the “iHome speaker” to output the device.
These steps will connect the iHome speaker to the PC and Mac.
To connect the iHome to iPhone, first, press the pair button of the iHome speaker. It will start blinking light and open the Bluetooth from the setting on the iPhone. Select the “iHome with model name” option from the available list and enter the pin “0000 or 1234” if asked. This blog has described the suitable steps to connect the iHome with the iPhone device.