Every smartphone comes with a different home screen layout and icons that are given by the manufacturer of the device. The layout and icons on the iPhone home screen are very cool, however, after the update of iOS 14 and later, Apple has added a new feature to customize the icons of the home screen with the help of the shortcuts app.
In this tutorial, we will elaborate on the steps to customize the icon of the home screen on an iPhone.
How to Customize App Icons on iPhone?
To customize the app icons on iPhone, follow the below stated steps:
Step 1: Open the “Shortcuts” app on the iPhone smartphone and then hit the “+” icon at the right upper side of the screen:
Step 2: After that, choose the “Add Action” option and then type the “Open app” on the search bar:
Step 3: Hit the “Choose” option and select the app that we wanted to customize:
Step 4: Hit the “Open App” at the top of the screen and change its name related to the app that we selected.
Step 5: Next, tap on the edit icon and then choose the “Add to Home Screen” option:
Step 6: Now, tap on the “Shortcut” icon and then select the “Choose Photo/Choose File” option:
Step 7: After choosing the photo, tap on the “Add” option to change the picture:
Step 8: After tapping the add option, it will automatically display the customize icon on the home screen:
These steps will customize the icons on iPhone devices.
Bonus Tip: Change the Whole Setup of the Home Screen by Downloading the Themes
This process will change the whole theme of the iPhone and all the icons as well. To do so, simply follow the below-described steps:
- Step 1: Open the App Store and download the “Moloko” app on the device by clicking here.
- Step 2: After downloading, open the app and tap on the “Get” option to download the theme that we like to apply.
- Step 3: After that, tap on the “Download” option to download the icons of the system apps and then select the “Allow” option to download the profile.
- Step 4: Navigate to the device settings and then tap on the “Profile Downloaded” option.
- Step 5: Tap on the “Install” option. It will download the theme and after that go back to the home screen the setup will be changed.
These steps will change the whole setup of the home screen by downloading the themes from the App Store.
After the update of iOS14 and the above version, Apple has added a new feature to customize the icon of the home screen on the iPhone. We can customize these icons with the help of the shortcuts app. First, open the app and pick the application that we want to customize. After that, change the name of that app and choose the “Add to Home screen” option. Next, choose the picture and then tap on the “Add” choice to finish the process. In this guide, we have illustrated all the steps to customize the icons on the iPhone.