The launcher is the pre-install app that is provided by the company of the device. It is used to control the settings of the home screen, such as the apps present on the home screen. In Samsung devices, “One UI Home” launcher is utilized and this launcher consumes a very small amount of storage from the memory of the Samsung devices.
In this tutorial, we will demonstrate the details and solution to the error apps disappeared from the home screen.
Reason for the “All Apps Disappeared From Home Screen (Android)”
There are various reasons for this technical glitch that cause the disappearance of apps from the home screen. Sometimes, the app cannot be accessed because we have mistakenly disabled or hidden the app from the launcher. There is also a possibility that the launcher is not working properly or there is a bug in the operating system that might have caused the apps to disappear from the home screen.
How to Fix “All Apps Disappeared From Home Screen (Android)?
It is recommended to restart the device before doing these solutions, sometimes restarting the device helps in resolving this problem. However, there are numerous solutions to resolve the problem of “all apps disappeared from the home screen”, some of the important solutions are mentioned below:
- Solution 1: Re-adding the Missing App to the Home Screen
- Solution 2: Un-hiding the missing app from the Launcher
- Solution 3: Checking the Disabled Apps of the Device
- Solution 4: Resetting the Launcher of the Device
- Solution 5: Utilizing the System Repair Tool
So, let’s explore each solution one by one!
Solution 1. Re-adding the Missing App to the Home Screen
If the app is not uninstalled, then check the app drawer by searching for the name of the app; If the app is available then add the app icon by long-pressing on it and dragging it to the home screen. Dragging and bringing the app icon to the home screen usually works on all android launchers.
Solution 2. Un-hiding the missing app from the Launcher
Samsung launchers provide the feature to hide the app from the home screen. If the app cannot be found in the app drawer of the device, then check the hidden app folder. The hidden folder can be easily discovered from the launcher. To unhide the app from the launcher, follow the below-stated steps:
- First, unlock the Samsung device and tap on three dots in the right upper corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on the “Home Screen Settings” option:
- After that, click on the “Hide apps” option:
- Finally, tap the “–” option on the app and then tap on the “Apply” option to unhide the app:
Doing so will make the application appear on the home screen.
Solution 3. Checking the Disabled Apps of the Device
We might mistakenly disable the missing app which cannot be found on the home screen. To re-enable the app on Samsung devices, follow the below stated steps:
- First, unlock the device and open “Settings”.
- Next, then tap on the “Apps” option:
- After that, select the “Disable” option located right below the Apps keyword:
- Simply, tap the “Disabled” app:
- Finally, tap on the app and then select the “enable” option to enable the app:
Performing these steps will help in enabling the disabled apps of the device.
Solution 4. Resetting the Launcher of the Device
Before resetting the launcher, first, we have to confirm whether the app is installed or uninstalled. To check the app, we will search the app name in the Play store, if the “Install” option is available below the app, that means the app is uninstalled and if the “Open” option is available, that means the app is installed and launcher is malfunctioning.
Samsung models allow the user to reset the launcher. To reset the launcher of the Samsung device, follow the below-stated steps:
- First, open “Home Screen Settings” on the device.
- Then, tap on the “About Home Screen” option:
- After that, tap on the “i” symbol located at the top right corner of the screen:
- Next, tap on the “Storage” option:
- Finally, tap on the “Clear cache” option to reset the launcher to default settings:
These steps will reset the launcher and might fix the problem.
Solution 5. Utilizing the System Repair Tool
If the above-mentioned solution has failed in resolving the problem, it means that there is a bug in the operating system. So, we will utilize the “UltFone” repair tool to repair the operating system of the Samsung device. To download this tool, click/tap here.
After downloading the tool, follow the below steps to repair the device’s operating system:
- First, Open the “Android System Repair” on the PC and connect the mobile device to the computer with the help of a data cable.
- Next, click on the “Repair Android System” option:
- Then, click on the “Repair Now” option:
- Now, fill in the right information about the device that is connected to the computer and then click on the “Next” option:
- After that, it will start the process of downloading the firmware package:
- Finally, click on the “Repair Now” option and it will take some time to repair the operating system.
These steps will assist in repairing the operating system of the device.
We have provided five efficient solutions for resolving the error “Apps Disappeared From Home Screen”.
The launcher is the pre-loaded app that controls the setting of the home screen. There are multiple reasons for the apps disappearing from the home screen such as mistakenly disabling/hiding the app, the launcher not working properly and a bug in the operating system. There are various solutions to resolve this error, such as unhiding the app, resetting the launcher, and using the repair tool to rectify the operating system. In this guide, we have learned how to solve the error “All Apps Disappeared From Home Screen”.