iPhone is a very famous smartphone brand that provides premium build quality to its users but many iPhone users have reported the volume increasing and decreasing on its own issue. Sometimes it occurs because of the bad-quality back cover. The temporary software bug and hardware-related issues also cause this problem.
In this guide, we will provide the details and appropriate solutions for the issue that why iPhone volume increasing/decreasing on its own.
Solutions for the Issue of iPhone Volume Increasing/Decreasing
To resolve the issue of “iPhone volume increasing/decreasing on its own”, we will follow the following mentioned steps:
- Change the back cover
- Restart the iPhone device.
- Disable the change with buttons option.
- Disable the reduce loud sound option.
- Disable the attention-aware features option on the iPhone device.
- Take the device to the Apple store.
Let’s elaborate on each solution one by one!
Solution 1. Change the Back Cover
Sometimes, low-quality back covers could be the reason for this issue. To fix this, simply remove the back cover of the device and then check if the issue with the volume buttons is resolved or not. If it’s not, try the other mentioned solutions.
Solutions 2. Restart the iPhone Device
Restarting the device will fix the minor bugs on the device and it is the fastest method to resolve the problem. Follow the below stated steps to restart the device:
- For the iPhone devices Below the X model: simply hold the power/home button simultaneously until the slider shows on the screen. Next, drag the slider to the right side. The device will turn off. To reboot the device, hold the “power button” until the logo is shown on the device screen.
- For the iPhone devices above the X model: first, hold the power and volume up/down buttons until the slider will display on the screen. Now, drag the slider to the right side, it will turn off the device. To reboot the device, simply hold the “power button” until the logo is shown on the device screen.
These steps will restart the iPhone device and might resolve the problem of the iPhone volume.
Solution 3. Disable the Change with Button Option
To switch off the change with buttons option on the iPhone device, we will follow the below-described steps:
- First, launch settings on the iPhone device.
- Then, select the “Sounds & Haptics” option in the settings menu:
- Finally, toggle to turn off the “Change with Buttons” option in the “Sounds” menu:
These steps will turn off the change with the button option and might resolve the issue of the iPhone volume.
Solution 4. Disable the Reduce Loud Sound
The iPhone’s reduce loud sounds might cause the issue of the volume decrease. To resolve this issue, simply turn off the reduce loud sounds feature. Follow the mentioned below steps to turn off the reduce loud sound feature:
- First, open settings in the iPhone device and then select the “Sounds” option from the settings menu.
- Then, select the “Headphone Safety” option:
- Finally, toggle the “reduce loud sounds” button to turn it off:
These steps will turn off the reduce loud sounds feature and might resolve the issue of the iPhone volume.
Solution 5. Disable the Attention aware Features on the iPhone Device
To disable the attention-aware features option on iPhone devices, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, navigate to “Settings” and then select the “Face ID and Passcode” option:
- Finally, toggle the “Attention aware features” button to turn off this option:
These steps will disable the attention-aware features option on iPhone devices.
Solution 6. Take the Device to the Apple Store
If all the above-stated solutions don’t resolve this issue, then the problem is hardware related. To resolve the hardware-related issue, simply take the device to the Apple store and ask to repair the device. They will definitely resolve the hardware-related issue of the device.
We have covered all the details and solutions for the “iPhone volume increasing/decreasing on its own”.
There are different reasons for the issue of the iPhone volume increasing and decreasing on its own, such as temporary device glitches, back cover issues, and hardware-related issues. To resolve this issue, consider “replacing the back cover”, “disabling the attention-aware features” option, or “visiting the Apple store”. In this tutorial, we have explained the details and proper solutions for the iPhone volume increasing/decreasing on its own.