The iPhone smartphones are very rich in terms of features, such as “Ask to Buy” and “switch controls”. The “Ask to Buy” feature syncs iOS devices with one organizer. When a child download or buy an app then this feature will send the request to the organizer. The organizer will decide whether to download the app or not.
This post will elaborate on the suitable solutions to fix why we are not receiving “Ask to Buy” requests on iPhones.
Why Not Getting “Ask to Buy Request” on iPhone
There is no specific solid reason behind the “Ask to Buy Request” error, however, there could be some assumptions that indicate why we are not receiving any requests.
Buying Invalid Content: When we make purchases through iTunes, such as gifts or if we are donating some funds then the “Ask to Buy request feature” will not come into action.
Wrong Configuration Settings: If we do not sync the devices of the family sharing with our account then this issue will arise.
Software-Related Issues: Sometimes, the iOS smartphone is not updated to the newer version which can generate this error.
Apple ID is Not Properly Set Up: Confirm that the child has their own Apple ID; If not then make an ID for him/her.
“Ask to Buy” Feature is not Enabled: This feature needs to be enabled if the child is below age 13, however, if we have not enabled then the issue will persist.
Device Not Compatible: The feature requires both device and recent software versions of iOS. If the device has iOS 8 or below version then we cannot use this feature.
How to Fix “Not Receiving “Ask to Buy” Requests” on iPhone
The solutions to resolve the not receiving “Ask to Buy” requests on iPhone are described below:
- Restart the device
- Check Apple Server Availability
- Check the Settings of the Family Sharing Feature
- Re-sign in the Apple ID
- Update the Firmware of the iOS device
- Factory Reset the Apple Device
- Contact Apple Customer Support.
Solution 1: Restart the Device
The restarting device will close the processes of the installed apps and loads the system files from scratch. This process will also help to remove any minor software glitches and lags in the smartphone:
Solution 2: Check Apple Server Availability
There could be a server issue on Apple’s end; for example, the server is on maintenance or repair. So, if that is the case then we can check the server status by tapping on this link. If the server is down then we have to wait until it gets fixed.
Solution 3: Check the Settings of the Family Sharing Feature
The Family Share feature allows five Apple users to share access to its service and purchases. The one adult organizer will add other family members to participate. To set the correct settings of the family share feature, we will follow the below-mentioned steps:
On iPhone or iPad:
- Step 1: Navigate to the settings on the iOS smartphone and pick the “Apple ID” option.
- Step 2: Choose the “Family Sharing” option:
- Step 3: For Organizer, activate the “Purchase Sharing” option and enable the “Ask to Buy” feature.
- Step 1: Launch the Apple menu and choose the “System settings” tab.
- Step 2: For an organizer, select the “Family” option and enable the “Share My Purchases” option.
- Step 3: Click on every member ID and select the “\Ask to Buy” feature to check whether it is enabled or not.
Solution 4: Re-Sign in the Apple ID
Follow the below-listed steps to re-sign in the Apple ID:
- Step 1: Navigate to the settings on the iPhone and choose the “Profile” icon.
- Step 2: Hit the “Sign out” option at the lower side of the screen
- Step 3: Enter the login credentials of the Apple ID to sign in.
Wanna know more ways to fix such iPhone request notification issues? Follow the next section.
Solution 5: Update the Firmware of the iOS Device
The updating process will add a lot of new features and remove bugs and glitches from the iOS operating system. The steps to update the software of the iOS device are stated below:
- Step 1: Go to the settings and choose the “General” tab.
- Step 2: Select “Software Update” and download the update if available:
Solution 6: Factory Reset the iOS Device
The factory reset will boot up the device in its default settings and erase all the content from it. So, make a backup copy of the important data and then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Go to the “General” tab from the iOS smartphone settings.
- Step 2: Choose the “Transfer and Reset” option and then select the “Erase all content and settings” option:
- Step 3: Enter the passcode if asked and then the resetting process will be started.
Solution 7: Contact Apple Customer Support
If all the above-explained solutions do not solve the not receiving “Ask to Buy” requests error then we need to contact Apple customer support by tapping this link. The representative of Apple customer support will always be available to rectify all the errors on iOS devices.
We have covered more than 6 solutions to resolve the not receiving “Ask to Buy” request error on iPhone.
The error of not receiving “Ask to Buy Requests” on iPhone is caused by several reasons, such as “device incompatibility”, “wrong configuration settings”, and “software-related problems”. The solutions to fix this error are “update the iOS firmware”, “check the family sharing settings” or “factory reset the device”. The updating operation will fix glitches in the software. In the second solution, we have set the proper settings for family sharing. In the third solution, we reset all the settings and content of the iPhone device. This blog has illustrated the valuable solutions to rectify the not receiving “Ask to Buy” requests on iPhones.