The optical disc drives of the PS4 console can’t read the data quickly of modern games. So we can get the best gaming experience by installing the video game from a disc on the console of the Playstations.
Sometimes, the PS4 unrecognized disc error occurs when we insert a new disc into the PlayStation.
In this article, we will demonstrate the details and solutions for the PS4 unrecognized disc error.
Reason for the “PS4 Unrecognised Disc Error”?
There are several reasons for the PS4’s unrecognized disc errors, and some of the common reasons are given below:
- The PS4 will fail to recognize the disc with deep scratches or broken edges.
- Sometimes glitches in the software can cause this problem.
- Out-dated software can also be the reason for this error.
Solutions for PS4 Unrecognised Disc Error
There are various solutions for the issue of the PS4 unrecognized disc error. To resolve this error, follow the below-described solutions:
Solution 1. Reboot the console
Rebooting the console will fix minor bugs in the PS4’s consoles. To reboot the console, follow the below-given steps:
- First, unplug the power source and all cables from the console.
- After that, wait for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally, plug all the cables into the PS4 console and then, simply reboot the PS4 console.
These steps might resolve the issue.
Solution 2. Clean the Disc
If there are small scratches or dust particles on the disc, then clean the disc with the micro cloth; moreover, consider cleaning the slot of the disc with the micro cloth too. This process might resolve the error; if it does not, then try the other described solutions.
Solution 3. Update the Console’s Software in Safe Mode
Updating the software will add features and remove the glitches from the system console. To update the software in safe mode, follow the below-stated steps:
- First, power off the console of the PS4.
- Then, hold the console’s power button until we hear the second beep, and after the second beep, the safe mode will turn on.
- After that, hit the “PlayStation” button on the Dualsense controller. It will display the seven options on the screen.
- Next, select “Update System Software” from these 7 options; it will start downloading updates over the internet.
- Finally, the process of updating will take a few minutes, and after that, it will reboot itself.
These steps will update the console’s software and might fix this error.
Solution 4. Rebuild the Console DataBase
To rebuild the database of the console, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, access the safe mode and then press the PlayStation button.
- After that, select the “Rebuild Database” option.
- Finally, select the “OK” option, and then the system will reboot automatically.
These steps will rebuild the database and might resolve the problem.
Solution 5. Reinstall the System Software of the Console
If updating the software didn’t help, then try reinstalling the system software of the console. To reinstall the system software of the console, follow the mentioned below steps:
Note: Before Doing these steps, make a backup copy of the games because it will delete all the games and bring the console to the default settings.
- First, turn on the safe mode by pressing the power button until we hear the 2 beeps.
- After that, press the “PlayStation button” and select the 7th option of the “Initialise PS4 (reinstall system software”.
- Finally, select the “OK” option, and the console will restart automatically.
These steps will bring the console to the default settings and might resolve the problem.
Solution 6. Repair or Replace the Console by Sony Service Center
This is the last solution, and if the above solution doesn’t work, then the issue is in the hardware of the device. To resolve the hardware issue, take the console to the nearby Sony Service Center. If the PS4 console is still under warranty, then we can claim the free replacement of the console from the PlayStation official Support Page.
We have covered all the details and appropriate solutions for the PS4 unrecognised disc error.
There are various reasons for the “PS4 unrecognised disc” error, such as dirty and damaged discs, outdated software, or hardware-related issues. There are several solutions to resolve this issue, such as cleaning the disc, updating the software of the console, and repairing/replacing the console from the Sony Service Center. In this post, we have explained all the details and solutions for the PS4 unrecognised disc error.