The PlayStation 5 is a video gaming console that enables the user to run 4k video gaming up to 120 fps with 3D audio. The PlayStation 5 is the competitor of the Xbox series X and Nintendo classic mini. All these gaming consoles have powerful processors that provide very smooth gaming with 4k graphics.
This guide will signify the solution to the problem of PS5 beeps but won’t turn on.
Reasons for the PS5 Beeps Issue
There are numerous reasons for this problem of PS5 beeps and some of the common reasons are stated in the steps below:
- The power supply issue.
- Overheating of the console.
- Software glitches.
Fixes of PS5 beeps but won’t turn on
There are several solutions to resolve the problem of the PS5 beeps but won’t turn on and some of the important solutions are mentioned below:
- Check the power supply of the console.
- Check the HDMI Cable.
- Insert a disc into the disc drive.
- Power cycle the console
- Clean the console from the inside.
- Restart the console in safe mode.
- Reset the PS5 console.
Let’s explain each solution one by one!
Solution 1. Check/Replace the Power Supply
Unplug the AC (Alternative Current) power cord from the console to check whether it is damaged or not. If it is damaged, then change it. Change your console to a different power outlet if more than one alliance is connected to the outlet.
Solution 2. Check the HDMI Cable
Sometimes, the HDMI cable is not properly connected which can cause this issue. To resolve the issue, simply unclog the HDMI cable and then clog it again. After that, restart the console and the problem might be resolved.
Solution 3. Insert a Disc into the Disc Drive
There are two editions of the PlayStation 5, the “Standard edition” and the “Digital edition”. The standard edition comes with a “Blu-ray disc drive” and the digital doesn’t come with the Blu-ray disc drive. If you are using the standard edition then try to insert the disc into the console and the console will detect the disc and turn it on automatically.
Solution 4. Power Cycle the Console
To power cycle the console of the PlayStation 5, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, hold the power button of the PS5 console until the power light stops blinking.
- Then, disjoin the power cable and wait for at least 30 minutes to drain all the power.
- Finally, re-connect the power cable and then restart the console.
These steps will power cycle the console and this will fix the problem.
Solution 5. Clean the Console From the Inside
Sometimes, the dust inside the console can cause overheating issues. To avoid overheating, simply clean the console with a soft cloth and use the hair dryer to blow the air inside the console. Cleaning the dust will fix the problem.
Solution 6. Restart the Console in Safe Mode
To restart the console in safe mode, follow the below-stated steps:
- First, power off the PS5 console.
- Then, press and hold the power button of the PS5 console until we hear the two beeps.
- After that, join the controller to the console by pressing the “PS” button of the dual sense controller and it displays the 7 options on the screen.
- Finally, select the 1st option of “Restart PS5”.
These steps will restart the console in safe mode and this will fix the problem.
Solution 7. Reset the PS5 Console
Please make a backup copy of the data before doing this process because it will delete all the games and apps in the console. Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset the PS5 console:
- First, enable the safe mode by holding the power button until we hear the two beeps.
- Then, pair the controller with the console by pressing the “Playstation” button.
- Finally, select the 6th option of “Reset PS5”.
These steps will reset the PS5 console and this will fix the issue
Solution 8. Contact Customer Support
If the above solutions do not work then the problem is in your hardware. To resolve the hardware-related issue, contact Sony customer care support or visit the nearby Sony center to repair the console of the PS5.
We have provided all the details and appropriate solutions for the “PS5 beeps but won’t turn on”.
The reasons for the issue of PS5 beeps could be due to the power supply, overheating console, or software glitches. To resolve this problem, multiple solutions can be implemented, such as checking the power supply, power cycling the console, or resetting the PS5 console. In this tutorial, we have demonstrated all the details and possible solutions for the problem of PS5 beeps.