Uber is an application-based taxi service that has millions of “users” and “drivers”. We can book a ride anywhere and at any time by simply entering the specific location/spot where we wanted to go. The nearby driver will pick us up and drop us off at the location which we entered. The Uber app provides a safe ride service from “door to door”.
This tutorial will demonstrate the main reasons and proper fixes to resolve the Uber not working on iPhone issue.
Reasons: Uber App Not Working on iPhone
The “Uber app not working on iPhone” issue is caused by numerous reasons which are listed below:
- No cars available in our location
- Unstable internet connection
- Bugs and glitches in the Uber app
- Outdated Uber app version
- Outdated iOS software version
- Non-compatible iOS models, such as iPhone 6, 6s, and all models of the 5/4 series
- External Uber server issues
Fixes For Uber App Not Working on iPhone
To rectify the Uber app not working on iPhone problem, we should follow the below-described fixes:
- Connect the device to a strong internet connection
- Restart the iPhone smartphone
- Update the Uber app
- Update the iOS software
- Check the server status online
- Contact Uber customer support
Let’s begin and explain all these fixes one by one briefly.
Fix 1: Connect the Device to a Strong Internet
A “weak internet connection” will fail to run the Uber app properly. As the Uber app requires a good internet connection, so, make sure the iPhone is connected to the strong internet. By doing so, we can run the Uber application like a charm.
Fix 2: Restart the iPhone Smartphone
Sometimes, the small “bugs and glitches” on the device cause this Uber app to not work on iPhone devices. To remove these bugs and glitches, we will restart the iPhone smartphone. To do this operation, follow the below-stated steps:
- Step 1: Long-press the “power” and “volume down” keys until it shows a slider on the iPhone screen.
- Step 2: Swipe that “slider”, it will turn off the iPhone device.
- Step 3: Hold the “power” key until the device screen shows the “Apple” logo.
Fix 3: Update the Uber App
To update the Uber app:
- Step 1: Launch the “App Store” on the device.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Profile” icon.
- Step 3: Scroll down to check the pending updates, if the Uber app update is available then select the “Update” option:
These steps will update the Uber app and if the problem is not resolved then jump to the next fix.
Fix 4: Update the iOS Software
When the “iOS software” version is not “up-to-date”, all the applications on the device face issues in performing their functions. To solve this issue, update the device to the latest version by following the procedure which is stated below:
Step 1: Open the “Settings” of the iPhone device and choose the “General” tab:
Step 2: Select the “Software Update” option and hit the “Download and Install” option:
Fix 5: Check the Server Status Online
Often, the Uber server might be down; we can confirm this by checking the online server status. Tap on this link to open the “Downdetector” website and enter Uber in the search bar. Select the “Uber” option, here we can find any outages and server issues on the Uber app.
Fix 6: Contact Uber Customer Support
If the fixes that we stated above do not solve the Uber app not working on iPhone issues then contact “Uber customer support” through this link.
We have indicated the reasons and suitable fixes for the error Uber app not working on iPhone.
The reasons for the Uber app not working on iPhone are: “outdated app or iOS software versions”, “unstable internet connection”, or “Uber app server issues”. The fixes to solve the Uber app not working on iPhones are “update the app or iOS software”, “restart the iPhone device”, and “check the server status online”. This guide has illustrated the common reasons and feasible fixes to solve the Uber not working on iPhone issue.