The operating system of the iPhone is very powerful and smooth in use on the iPhone device, however, it also experiences software glitches and errors, such as the WiFi symbol not showing in the display. The reason that causes this error is multiple, such as “outdated software version”, “VPN enabled”, and “error in network settings”.
This article will describe the efficient fixes to solve the WiFi symbol not showing on the iPhone display.
Fix: WiFi Symbol Not Showing on iPhone
To fix the WiFi symbol not showing on iPhone, we will apply multiple fixes, such as:
- Restart the Device
- Activate and Deactivate Airplane Mode
- Update the iOS Firmware
- Reset the Network Settings of the iPhone
- Remove VPN
- Factory Reset the iOS Device
- Contact Apple Customer Support
Fix 1: Restart the Device
The restarting process will close all the running apps on the smartphone. This process is quite an easy and fast way to solve all minor problems on the iPhone. To restart the iPhone devices, we will follow the below-listed steps:
For Home Button iPhones:
- Step 1: Hold the power key until the powered-off slider displays on the screen.
- Step 2: Swipe that slider to the left. It will turn off the iPhone device:
- Step 3: Hold the power key of the iPhone until the logo of the device shows on the screen.
For Without Home Button iPhones:
- Step 1: Hold the power and volume down keys until the turning off slider shows on the screen.
- Step 2: Swipe that slider on the left to turn the device off.
- Step 3: Hold the power key until the smartphone logo displays on the screen.
Fix 2: Enable and Disable Airplane mode
The airplane mode will disable the WiFi, mobile network, and Bluetooth signals on the smartphone. This process will refresh the settings of the WiFi. So, we will follow the below-described steps to enable and disable the Airplane mode on iPhone:
- Step 1: Open the “Control Center” by swiping the finger from top to bottom.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Airplane” icon to activate it and wait for 2 minutes.
- Step 3: Again tap on the “Airplane” icon to deactivate it:
These steps will refresh the settings of the WiFi on the iPhone.
Fix 3: Update the iOS Firmware
The update released by the iPhone will remove bugs and glitches from the software of the iPhone. The hidden WiFi symbol might be a software glitch, however, we need to update the iOS firmware to the latest version. The steps to do this procedure are explained below:
- Step 1: Navigate to the settings of the iPhone and pick the “General” tab.
- Step 2: Here, select the “Software Update” option and choose the Install option to download the update on the iPhone device.
These steps will update the iOS firmware and solve the WiFi symbol not showing on the iPhone error.
Fix 4: Reset the Network Settings on the iPhone
The reset of the network settings will remove any changes to the settings and bring the network setting to default. This process is very useful to rectify the “WiFi symbol not showing” issue. We will follow the below-listed steps to reset network settings:
- Step 1: Open the General tab from the settings of the iPhone.
- Step 2: Select the “Reset and Transfer” option and then again choose the “Reset” option:
- Step 3: Choose the “Reset Network Settings” tab:
Fix 5: Remove VPN
If we are using any VPN on the iPhone device then we may experience the WiFi symbol not displaying on the error. Therefore, it is recommended to delete the VPN profile from the settings. To do so, we will follow the below-described steps:
- Step 1: Open the General tab from the iPhone settings and then select the “VPN and Device Management” option:
- Step 2: Tap on the “info” icon on the connected VPN and then choose the “Delete VPN” option.
Fix 6: Factory Reset the iOS Device
The factory reset will get the device to the bootup menu and delete all the data from the smartphone. However, first, we need to make a backup copy of the data and then follow the below stated steps:
- Step 1: Go to the “Settings>General>Reset and Transfer” option on the iPhone device.
- Step 2: Choose the “Erase all content and settings” option:
- Step 3: Enter the passcode of the Apple ID if asked. Then the device will start the factory resetting process.
These steps will factory reset the device and rectify the WiFi symbol not showing an error on iPhone.
Fix 7: Apple Customer Support
If all the above-described fixes do not solve the problem then we will contact Apple Customer Support. Simply, visit this link and then explain the error to the representative of Apple Support. They will assist us to solve this WiFi not showing error.
We have presented all the valid fixes to solve the WiFi symbol not showing on the iPhone error.
To solve the error “WiFi symbol not showing” error on iPhone, the fixes we apply are: “update iOS software”, “resetting network settings” and “contact Apple customer support”. The updating process will fix bugs and glitches in the software. The resetting process will reset the network settings to default. Contacting Apple support will also solve the WiFi not showing on the iPhone problem. This blog has illustrated the 7 valuable fixes to solve the WiFi symbol not displaying on iPhone.