The Xbox One is the video gaming console developed by Microsoft in November 2013. It is the eighth-generation gaming console that provides an efficient and smooth gameplay experience to its users. It has featured an AMD(Accelerated Processing Unit).
This blog will elaborate on why Xbox One won’t turn on but beeps.
What are the Reasons for “Xbox One Console Won’t Turn On but Beeps”?
Xbox One might be not turning on and beeping due to:
- Console overheating.
- Faulty power brick and cable in the console.
- Faulty PSU (Power Supply Unit).
- Software related issue
How to Fix the “Xbox One Console Won’t Turn On but Beeps” Issue?
To fix the “Xbox One is not switching on but beeping” issue, we will apply the following solutions:
Solution 1. Soft Reset the Internal Power Supply of the Console
To soft reset the internal power supply, follow the below-given steps:
- First, unplug the power cord of the console from the outlet.
- After that, wait for 25 seconds and then plug the power cord back into the Xbox One console.
- Finally, push the “Power button” of the Xbox One console.
These steps will soft reset the internal power supply and if the issue is not resolved then move toward the next solution.
Solution 2. Power Cycle the Console
The power cycle resets the console and puts it into standby mode. This process will not affect the games and other apps on the console. To power cycle, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, switch off the Xbox one.
- After that, hold the “Xbox button” for 10 to 12 seconds.
- Then, the indicator light on the power brick will flash orange and then white for a few seconds.
- Next, when the indicator light turns steady orange that means the console has entered standby mode.
- Finally, again press the power button to get the Xbox one console out of standby mode.
These steps will power cycle the console of the Xbox and fix the issue.
Solution 3. Press the Eject Button Repeatedly in the Console
Push the “Eject button” on the Xbox One console repeatedly at least 12 to 16 times. This process might resolve the problem and if not, try the other mentioned solutions.
Solution 4. Insert the Disc in the Disc Drive of the Xbox One Console
If there is no disc in the disc drive of the console, try to enter a little part of the disc in the disc drive when the console is off and then press the “Start button”. After pressing the start button, wait for the beep, once we hear the beep, push the disc gently inside the console. This might resolve the issue of the Xbox One console won’t turn on but beeps.
Solution 5. Switch the Power Outlet Port
If the power cord of the console and other appliances are connected to the same power outlet, then the console will fail to power up. To resolve this issue, connect the console to a different power outlet, where no other appliances are connected.
Solution 6. Remove USB Devices and the External HDD of the Console
Simply unplug the USB and External HDD from the console and then wait for 30 seconds. After that, boot the console, and once the console boot normally again plugin the USB devices and External HDD of the console.
Solution 7. Simultaneously Hold the Sync, Eject, and Power Buttons of the Xbox One Console
To do this process, below-stated steps will be followed:
- First, hold the “sync, eject, and power buttons” in a row for 12 seconds.
- Then, after waiting 10 seconds, only release the eject button and wait for more than 15 seconds.
- Next, after 15 seconds, release both the sync and power buttons.
- Finally, again press and hold the sync and power button to start the sync process on the screen.
Doing so will fix this problem.
We have explained the seven efficient solutions for the Xbox One not getting turned on and continuously beeping.
There are various reasons for the issue of the Xbox won’t turn on but beeps, such as overheating, faulty power brick, and faulty PSU. To resolve this issue, we can perform the soft and power cycle reset, change the power outlet of the console, or insert the disc in the disc drive. This article has explained all the details and proper solutions to why Xbox one is continuously beeping and not turning on at all”.