The LG smartphone is famous because of its sleek design and smooth operating system. The operating system of the LG is smooth because they send firmware updates. The firmware update on the LG Smartphone will add some new features and remove the bugs or glitches from its operating system. We will download the update on the LG smartphone to get these updated features and free bugs on the device.
This tutorial will elaborate on the feasible solutions to rectify the LG phone stuck update screen error.
Fix: LG Phone Stuck On Software Update Screen
The “stuck update screen” error on the LG smartphone occurs when we start installing the new updates, however, we can go through some quick and helpful solutions to fix this update screen stuck error that is stated below:
- Clear Cache Memory of the LG Smartphone.
- Detach the Battery of the LG Smartphone.
- Factory Reset the LG Smartphone in Recovery Mode.
- Flash the Device with the New Operating System.
Solution 1: Clear the Cache Memory of the LG Smartphone
The “corrupted cache memory” of the device can cause this issue, to rectify this problem, simply clear the cache memory from the LG smartphone. The steps to clear cache memory are briefly described below:
- Step 1: Power off the LG smartphone by long-pressing the power key.
- Step 2: Long-press the “power and volume down keys” togetherly until the LG mobile phone gets into recovery mode.
- Step 3: Here, pick the “wipe cache partition” choice with the assistance of the volume and power keys.
These steps will clear the cache memory of the LG smartphone and fix this problem.
Solution 2: Detach the Battery of the LG Smartphone
This procedure can only be implemented in some of the LG smartphones because certain LG smartphones have removable batteries and detachable back covers, such as “G5” and “V20”. We can also remove the other LG model’s battery but it requires professional tools. To detach the battery of the LG smartphone, follow the below-listed steps:
- Step 1: Detach the back cover of the smartphone.
- Step 2: Detach the battery of the phone and wait for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 3: After waiting, attach the battery to the phone and then restart the device.
These steps will detach the battery from the LG smartphone.
Solution 3: Factory Reset the LG Smartphone in Recovery Mode
By factory resetting, the device will erase all the data and take the smartphone to the initial bootup menu. This process is very useful to solve this stuck update screen error. We will follow the below stated steps to factory reset the phone in recovery mode.
- Step 1: Enable the recovery mode on the device as we do in the first two steps of solution 1.
- Step 2: Here, Select the “wipe data and factory reset” choice with the help of the volume and power keys.
These steps will factory reset the device on recovery mode and resolve this error.
Solution 4: Flash the Device with the New Operating System
If the above-stated solutions do not solve this update screen stuck error then we will flash the device with the new operating system. It is recommended to not do this operation if you have never flashed a device before. Simply, take the device to the nearest repair service center, so they can download the updated operating system from the internet on the PC. After that, they will long-press the “volume up button” and connect the LG device to the PC via a “USB data cable” simultaneously. The LG device gets into the downloading mode and then they will transfer the new updated operating system files into the LG device. The new operating system will start running on the LG smartphone.
We have indicated the 4 most valuable solutions to solve the LG update screen stuck error.
To fix the LG phone stuck on the firmware update screen, the solutions are: “clear cache memory”, “factory reset device”, and “flash device with new operating system”. In the first and second solutions, we will turn on the LG device in recovery mode and select the “wipe cache partition or wipe data and factory reset” options. In the third solution, we will transfer the new operating system files from the PC to the LG smartphone via a USB data cable. This guide has enlightened the four suitable solutions to resolve the LG phone stuck on firmware update screen error.