The PlayStation 5 is the home video gaming console manufactured by Sony Entertainment. Sony released PlayStation 5 as the successor of the PlayStation 4 and 4 pros. Custom 8-core AMD Zen 2 is the CPU of the Playstation 5 that provides smooth and efficient gaming to the user.
In this tutorial, we will demonstrate the details and possible solutions for the “PS5 Can’t Recognise the Disc”.
Reasons for PS5 Can’t Recognise the Disc
There are several reasons for the PS5 can’t recognize the disc and some of the very common reasons for this issue are mentioned below:
- The disc might be dirty or damaged
- The disc is not compatible with the PS5 console.
- The disc is not inserted properly.
- The firmware of the console is not updated with the recent version.
- Software glitches might cause this issue.
- The faulty hardware could be the reason for this issue.
How to Fix: PS5 Can’t Recognise the Disc
To resolve the problem of the “PS5 can’t recognize the disc” we will follow the solutions which are described below:
- Review the compatibility of the Disc with PS5 Console.
- Clean the disc.
- Insert the disc in the correct way.
- Restart the console in safe Mode.
- Update the system software of the Console.
- Factory reset the console.
- Contact customer support.
Solution 1. Review the Compatibility of the Disc with PS5 Console
Before inserting the disc in the disc drive, first, we have to confirm whether the disc we are using is compatible with the PS5 console or not. The PS5 can’t read the PS3 and Older games DVDs, it only reads the Blu-ray and licensed DVDs. Buying a new blu-ray or licensed DVD is the only solution to get rid of PS5 disc errors.
Solution 2. Clean the Disc
The PS5 console might be facing the problem of “can’t recognize the disc” because of the dirty/damaged disc. Simply clean the disc with a microfiber cloth and then try to re-insert the disc again.
Solution 3. Insert the Disc in the Correct Way
Sometimes, we don’t insert the disc properly and this could generate different PS5 disc errors. So, consider inserting the disc properly; to insert the disc in the right way, follow the below steps:
If PS5 is Placed Vertically:
- If the PS5 is placed vertically, then we have to make sure the labeled side of the disc is on the left side while inserting the disc into the disc drive.
If PS5 is Placed Horizontally:
- If the PS5 is placed horizontally, then we have to make sure the labeled side of the disc must be on the top while inserting the disc into the disc drive.
Solution 4. Restart the Console in Safe Mode
To restart the PS5 console in safe mode, follow the steps stated below:
- First, turn off the console by pressing or holding the power button, and after that, wait for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After waiting, press and hold the power button until we hear the two beeps.
- Next, pair the controller with the console by pressing the “PlayStation” Button.
- Finally, in the safe mode menu, select the “Restart PS5” option.
These steps will restart the console in safe mode and might resolve the problem.
Solution 5. Update the System Software of the PS5 Console
Software bugs and glitches can also cause this issue. In solution, we should update the console to the latest version. To update the system software of the console, follow the steps given below:
- First, open the PS5 settings.
- Then, select the “System Software Update and Settings” tab.
- Finally, toggle to the “install update files automatically” button, and then the console will rebuild the database and restart itself automatically.
Solution 6. Factory Reset the Console
This process will delete all the games and apps from the console. So first make a backup copy of the data to the external device and then factory reset the console. Follow the below stated steps to make a backup copy of the data and factory reset the console:
Step 1: Make a backup copy of the data
- First, open the settings menu and select the “Backup and Restore” option.
- Finally, select the “Backup PS5” option and then select the external device.
Step 2: Factory reset the console
- First, turn off the PS5 console.
- After that, hold the power button until we hear the sound of the 2 beeps.
- Then, pair the controller with the console by pressing the “Playstation” button.
- Finally, select the last option of “Reset PS5 (Reinstall System Software)” from the settings menu and then follow the on-screen instruction to factory reset the console.
These steps will factory reset the console and fix the problem.
Solution 7. Contact Customer Support
If all the above-mentioned solutions do not resolve the problem, then the issue is in the hardware of the console. To resolve this issue, simply contact customer support and take the console to the nearby Sony Center.
When have provided the seven most efficient solutions to fix the PS5 disc errors.
There are multiple reasons for the problem of the PS5 Can’t Recognise the Disc, such as dirty and damaged discs, software-related issues, and faulty hardware. To fix this problem, try “cleaning the disc”, “updating the system software”, and “factory resetting the console”. In this guide, we have explained all the details and appropriate solutions fthat PS5 is unable to recognise the disc.