Textra is an SMS/MMS application that is used to send messages through the carrier’s service. The Textra app works the same as the default Message app on the smartphone. However, Textra also has many additional features, such as themes, three font options, and app icon colors. Sometimes, when we send an MMS message, an error pop-up on the device screen stating “Textra not sending MMS”. This error message displays due to various reasons, such as “no data limit”, “VPN is enabled”, and “a temporary software glitch”.
This blog will describe the methods to rectify why Textra is not sending MMS.
[FIXED] Textra Not Sending MMS
To fix the Textra not sending MMS error, we will utilize various practical solutions which are:
- Check the Permissions Settings of the Textra App
- Restart the Device
- Check the Data Limit of the Carrier
- Turn Off the VPN
- Factory Reset the Device
Let’s explain each fix one by one
Solution 1: Check the Permissions Settings of the Textra App
Sometimes, the app may not work properly because the necessary permissions are not enabled, such as contacts, SMS, and storage. Due to this, we experience Textra not sending an MMS error. To resolve this issue, simply check the permissions settings of the app using the following steps:
- Step 1: Navigate to the device settings and then select the “Apps” option:
- Step 2: Choose the “All Apps/Manage Apps” option and then find the “Textra” app in it.
- Step 3: Tap on the “Permission” option and then enable all the permissions to run the app smoothly:
The above-stated steps will check the permissions settings of the Textra app.
Solution 2: Restart the Device
The restarting process will load the system files from scratch and will remove any minor bugs of the device software:
- Step 1: Long-press the power key for 2 seconds and then it will display some options on the screen.
- Step 2: Here, select the “Restart/ Reboot” option.
Solution 3: Check the Data limit of the Carrier Service Provider
It is common to run out of the data allowance provided by our mobile network operator and this could result in failing to send MMS. We need to check the data limit if it has been exceeded. If it is, then purchase the new data plan to send the MMS to the recipient.
Solution 4: Turn Off the VPN
Some providers block its service if they know that the VPN is activated on the device. So the only way to fix this error is to turn off the VPN on the device.
Solution 5: Factory Reset the Device
The factory reset will boot the device into its default state and erase all data from the device. However, make a backup copy of the data before resetting the device. To factory reset the smartphone, follow the below-listed steps:
- Step 1: Launch the settings of the device and select the “System” option.
- Step 2: Select the “Reset” option and then choose the “Reset Phone” option:
- Step 3: Again, Tap on the “Reset Phone” option:
That’s all for resolving the MMS sending failed issues.
To fix the “Textra not sending MMS” error, we will check the “App permissions”, “check the data limit”, and “turn off the VPN”. In the first solution, we will enable all the permissions required by the Textra app. In the second solution, we will check whether the data limit is finished or not, if the limit is finished then we will buy a new plan. In the third solution, we will turn off the VPN because if the app detects any active VPN then it will block its services. This post has enlightened the five valuable solutions to solve Textra not sending MMS issues.