There are two features in the display of the iPhone, “light mode and dark mode”. The Dark Mode in the iPhone device will turn the background black and whiten the text on the iPhone display. The dark mode is a very helpful feature at night times, however, we cannot see clearly when the dark mode is enabled in the daytime or sunlight.
This tutorial will illustrate the five suitable methods to get rid of black backgrounds on iPhones.
Methods to Get Rid of Black Background on iPhone?
We will turn off the dark mode or color inverter to eliminate the black background on iPhone. We can do this process by various methods and some of the efficient techniques are listed below:
- Disabling Dark Mode Through Control Center
- Turning Off the Dark Mode Through Settings
- De-activating the Dark Mode Through Siri
- Disabling the Dark Mode Through Focus
- Turning Off the Smart Invert and Color Filters
Method 1: Disabling Dark Mode Through Control Center
The easiest way to turn off the dark theme is from the control center on an iPhone smartphone. To disable the dark mode from a control center, we will follow the below-stated steps:
- Step 1: Swipe down on the iPhone’s home screen to open the control center.
- Step 2: Long-press the “Brightness Slider” and choose the “Dark Mode” icon to disable it:
These steps will disable the dark mode on iPhone through the control center.
Method 2: Turning Off the Dark Mode Through Settings
To turn off the dark mode from the “settings” of the iPhone, we will go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Open the device settings and select the “Display and Brightness” option:
- Step 2: Tap the “Light Mode” option to turn off the dark mode:
Method 3: De-activating the Dark Mode Through Siri
“Siri” is the assistant that performs different operations on our voice commands, so we can also deactivate the dark mode with the assistance of Siri. The steps to do this process are described below:
- Step 1: Say “Hey Siri” near the iPhone and Siri will be activated.
- Step 2: Ask Siri “Turn off the Dark Mode” and then Siri will respond after turning off the dark mode:
These steps will deactivate the dark mode with the help of the Siri on iPhone.
Method 4: Disabling the Dark Mode Through Focus
The Focus filter mode introduced by Apple in the “iOS 16” update which allows the user to turn on the Dark mode when the connected profile is activated. To disable the Dark mode through Focus, follow the below-listed steps:
- Step 1: Navigate to the settings of the iPhone device.
- Step 2: Hit the “Focus” button and select the “Do Not Disturb” option:
- Step 3: Tap on the “Appearance” option and toggle the switch to disable the dark mode:
These steps will disable the dark mode through focus.
Method 5: Turn Off Smart Invert and Color Filters
After performing all the above-stated methods, if you are not getting rid of the black background then we might unintentionally enable the “Smart Invert or Color filter” features. To disable this feature, we will follow the below-listed steps:
- Step 1: Launch the settings on the iPhone device and select the “Accessibility” option:
- Step 2: Tap on the “Display & Text Size” option:
- Step 3: Toggle the switch off of the “Smart Invert” option:
- Step 4: Select the “Color Filters” and toggle the switch to turn it off, if this feature is enabled:
These steps will turn off the Smart Invert and Color Filters on the iPhone.
We have wrapped up the five most valuable methods to get rid of the black backgrounds on iPhones.
To remove the black background on iPhone, we will turn off the dark mode from “settings”, ”control center”, or by using“ Siri”. Moreover, we can also turn off the Smart Invert or Color Filters if the issue persists. To remove the black background from settings, we will navigate to “Settings>Display&Brightness” and select the “light mode” option. In the second method, we will swipe down on the iPhone home screen and long press the “Brightness Slider” option. Tap on the “Dark mode” icon to deactivate it. To disable the dark mode from Siri, simply say “Hey Siri” and ask “Turn off the dark mode”. Siri will disable the black background. This guide has explained the 5 most effective methods to remove the black background on the iPhone device.