Sometimes, when we record an HD video and wanted to take some pictures from it. The first thing we can do to take pictures from the video is to take screenshots. The picture taken from the screenshot can be blurry and lack detailing. So, in this tutorial, we will explain some efficient methods that will take a picture from the video with high quality.
Methods to Capture a Picture From a Video on Android Smartphone?
We can take pictures from videos on Android devices with the assistance of the methods which are stated below:
Method 1: Taking Pictures From Video Using Gallery App
The gallery is a default application available on all Android smartphones that stores all the photos and videos. However, the option that will capture the picture from the video is not available on all Android devices. To capture a picture from a video on an Android smartphone via the gallery app, utilize these simple steps:
- Step 1: Launch the Gallery app on the device
- Step 2: Select any video which we desire to take pictures from it.
- Step 3: Stop the video duration at the point where we wanted to take pictures.
- Step 4: After stopping the video, simply, tap on the “Camera” icon at the top of the screen:
Method 2: Taking Pictures From Video Using Camera App
We can also take photos while recording a video. To capture an image while recording a video, we will follow the given instructions:
- Step 1: Open the camera app and start making a video on the cell phone.
- Step 2: There is a white image icon on the screen, simply tap on it when you want to take a picture:
The picture quality will not be compromised when we take pictures while recording.
Method 3: Taking Pictures From Video UsingThird-Party Application
There are third-party applications available on the Play Store that can extract images from videos. Here, we will utilize the “Grab Photos from Videos” app because its interface is quite simple and provide some great features, such as we can capture picture in a number of frames. To take a picture from a video via the “Grab Photos from Video” app, let’s go through the below explained step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Download the Grab Photos from the Video application through this link.
- Step 2: Launch the app and select the “Pick Video” option:
- Step 3: Select the desired video and then tap on the “tick” option:
- Step 4: Here, we can set the range of the number of frames every second and also take a single picture from the Single tab.
All the images taken from this app will save in the phone gallery app automatically.
We have wrapped up the possible method to capture pictures from a video.
To take a picture from a video on Android, we can use the “gallery app”, “the camera app”, and thor party application “Grab Photos from Videos”. The first will take a picture from a video through the built-in gallery app. The second method will display an image icon on the device screen while recording a video. The third method will capture a picture with the help of the third-party app. This guide has enlightened the three most easy methods to take pictures from a video on an Android phone.