A verification text is a message containing 4 or 6 digits that are received on the cell phone for the security purpose of accessing the account and changing the password of an account. The websites utilize this method to confirm the identity of the user account. Involving the computer and smartphone in the authentication process is an efficient way in verifying the identity of the user.
In this guide, we will explain the details and proper solutions to why my iPhone does not receive verification texts.
Reasons for Not Getting the Verification Texts on iPhone?
There is no specific reason for not receiving the verification text on the iPhone, however, there are multiple reasons that may cause this problem for the iphone. Some common reasons are stated in the below steps:
- Sometimes, we mistakenly enter the incorrect phone number or email to get the verification text.
- Poor connectivity or bad signal strength can also cause this problem.
- The storage of the inbox is full of spam and telemarketers’ messages, this can also lead us to the issue of not receiving the verification text on the iPhone.
Solutions for “My iPhone Doesn’t Get Verification Texts”
The issue of not receiving the verification text on the iPhone can be resolved by following the solutions stated below:
- Check the entered phone number or email.
- Restart the iPhone device.
- Check the connectivity area.
- Switch airplane mode on/off.
- Delete messages from the mailbox.
- Contact the Cell phone carrier.
- Factory Reset the iPhone.
Solution 1. Check the Entered Phone Number or Email
Check the phone number or email that we entered on the website/app is correct because sometimes, a change in one digit or character can lead us to this issue. Re-enter the right phone number/email and then try again to get the verification text. This might resolve the issue and if not, try the other mentioned solutions.
Solution 2. Restart the iPhone Device
Restarting the device will fix minor bugs and other problems of the phone; this solution will take only 2 to 3 minutes. To restart the iPhone, follow the below-mentioned steps:
For Home Button iPhone Devices:
Simply, hold and press the side power button simultaneously. It will show the slider to power off the iPhone device.
- After that, pull the slider to the right side. The phone will turn off.
- Again, hold the turn-off button until the device logo is shown. This will restart the iPhone device.
For iPhone X and Up Models:
- Simply, press and hold the power button along with the volume up/down button simultaneously.
- Then, pull the slider to the right side of the screen. It will turn off the phone.
- Finally, hold the turn-off button until the device logo is shown on the iPhone screen.
These steps might resolve the issue; if the issue is not resolved, try the other stated solution.
Solution 3. Check the Connectivity Area
Sometimes, bad connectivity areas and dead zones could be the reason. This causes the device not to get the proper signals to receive the verification text. To resolve this issue, move to a location, where the “signals are sufficiently available“. Then try again to get the verification text.
Solution 4. Switch the Airplane Mode On/Off
Sometimes, switching the airplane mode on/off can resolve the signal interruption issue; doing so could also resolve this verification text issue. To switch the airplane mode on/off, follow the below-given steps:
- Simply, open the settings and then tap on the “Airplane mode” option.
- Finally, toggle the option to turn on airplane mode and wait for 8 to 10 seconds. After waiting, turn off airplane mode.
These steps will resolve the signal issue of the device and also might resolve the verification text issue.
Solution 5. Delete Messages from the Mailbox
The spam and telemarketing messages could take up all the “storage of the mailbox” and because of this, we might be unable to get the verification text. Delete the promotions and spam messages from the mailbox and then try again to get the verification text. This might resolve the issue.
Solution 6. Factory Reset the iPhone Device
This process will clear all the data and information from the device and take the device to the first boot setup. Before doing the below-given steps make a backup recovery of the data. To reset the iPhone device, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, navigate to “Settings” on the iPhone device:
- Then, tap on the “General” option:
- After that, tap on “Transfer and reset iPhone”:
- Next, tap on the “Erase all settings and content” option and then enter the passcode of the iPhone:
- Finally, tap on the “Erase iPhone” option. This will factory reset the iPhone device.
These steps might resolve the issue.
Solution 7. Contact the Carrier Cell Phone Provider
If the above stated solutions don’t fix the issue that means the problem is in the phone software. Contact “customer support” of the cell phone carrier service provider and tell them about this error. Sometimes, the issue is resolved remotely from their end and sometimes, we take the phone to the physical repair shop of the representative.
We have provided all the details and appropriate solutions for my iPhone does not receive verification texts.
The verification text is received for security purposes, such as changing the password of the account or making any online payment to the bank account. Sometimes, the issue of not receiving the verification text might occur because of various reasons; such as entering incorrect data, poor network area, or the storage of the mailbox being full. To resolve this error, there are numerous solutions such as, restarting the device, switching airplane mode on/off, or deleting the messages from the mailbox. In this tutorial, we have demonstrated all the details and possible solutions for my iPhone does not receive the verification texts.