Apple adds multiple new features and improves the functionality of its iOS operating system in every software update. After the iOS 14 update, Apple introduced an option to change the default settings of the apps, such as “Music”, “Web browser”, and “Email”.
This guide will demonstrate the feasible steps to use Google Photos on iPhone devices.
Can We Make Google Photos Default on iPhone?
We cannot make Google Photos default on iPhone, but we can use Google Photos for backup and restore the data instead of iCloud.
Replacing iCloud with Google Photos for Images Backup
For making Google Photos default for taking backups of images, we will follow the below stated steps:
Step 1: Disable the iCloud on iPhone
- To disable iCloud on iPhone, first, launch the device settings and hit the “Profile” icon:
- Tap on the “iCloud” option and select the “Photos” option:
- Toggle the “iCloud Photos” button to disable it. It will display the option “Optimize iPhone Storage” or “Download and Keep Orignal”:
- Select the “Download and Keep Original” option and wait to complete the downloading process:
Step 2: Enable the Backup & Sync option on Google Photos
Launch the Google Photos app and hit the “Profile” icon. After that, select the “Google Photos settings” option and hit the “Backup” option. Toggle the “Backup” option to enable it.
Step 3: Manually Allow the Access of All Photos To Google Photos
First, open the device settings and choose the “Google Photos” option. Hit the “Photos” option and then select the “All Photos” option.
After completing these steps, every picture and video that we capture or received from any source will save on Google Photos. However, if we have to share pictures from Google Photos on any social media app, such as Whatsapp and Instagram then first we need to download that picture from Google Photos.
How to Download and Share Pictures From Google Photos on iPhone
To Download the pictures on Google Photos:
- Step 1: Launch the app and hit the picture that we wanted to save.
- Step 2: Tap on the “three vertical dots/ swipe up the picture” and choose the “Download” option:
- Step 3: Select the “Share” option, if we wanted to share the picture on any other app:
These steps will download and share from Google Photos on iPhone.
We have wrapped the appropriate steps to utilize Google Photos on iPhone devices.
The steps to utilize Google Photos instead of iCloud on iPhone are: “disable iCloud on the iPhone device” and then “enable the Backup & Sync on Google Photos App”. After enabling the backup and sync, allow Google Photos to access app pictures on the iPhone smartphone. This blog has illustrated the proper steps to utilize Google Photos instead of iCloud on iPhone devices.