There are multiple features and apps to share location on iPhone. With the help of these applications, we can track someone’s location history for various reasons, such as tracking the employee to know what they are doing during working hours and tracking the kids whether they are safe or not.
This article will present the five most feasible methods to track someone’s location history on iPhone.
How to See Someone’s Location History on iOS
We can see someone’s location history on iPhone with the assistance of different methods which are explained below:
- Checking iPhone Location History Through Settings
- Checking iPhone Location History Through iMessage
- Checking iPhone Location History Through Maps
- Checking iPhone Location History Through Find My Friends
- Checking iPhone Location History Through Third-Party App
Let’s get started:
Method 1: Checking iPhone Location History Through Settings
To check iPhone location history through settings, we will follow the below-listed steps:
Note: This operation will work if the iPhone device has enabled the “location services and frequent locations” feature.
- Step 1: Open the device settings and select the “Privacy” option:
- Step 2: Hit the “Location services” tab and choose the “System Services” option:
- Step 3: Tap on the “Frequent location / Significant location” option and then we can see the location history on the iPhone device:
Method 2: Checking iPhone Location History Through iMessage
There is a feature called “Share My location” on the iMessage app on iPhone. If this feature is enabled then we can easily find the location history by following these steps:
- Step 1: Launch the “Message” app and select the “Contact” that we wanted to check the location:
- Step 2: Hit the “Profile” icon to see the location of the person:
These steps will display the location of the person through iMessage.
Method 3: Checking iPhone Location History Through Maps
If we have the person’s Google account credentials then we easily see his location history on the iPhone device.
- Step 1: Navigate to the “Google Maps” app on iOS and hit the “Profile” icon.
- Step 2: Select the “Add another account” option and enter that person’s login credentials:
- Step 3: After signing up for the account, again hit the “Profile” icon.
- Step 4: Select the “Your Timeline” option and here we can see the location history with the traveling time as well:
These steps will reveal the location history along with the date and time on the iPhone device.
Method 4: Checking iPhone Location History Through Find My
Find My is an application on the iPhone device that is used to share the location with friends and family. The location will only be shared if the invitation is accepted by the iPhone user for sharing his/her location.
- Step 1: Navigate to the “Find My” app and choose the “People” tab.
- Step 2: Here, we can see the locations of the family members.
Method 5: Checking iPhone Location History Through a Third-Party App
“Famisafe” is an application that is used to control and track the kid’s device. The Famisafe provides a feature to track the location history of the kids which can definitely be used to track anyone’s location. Let’s get started with the first step:
- Step 1: Download the “Famisafe Kids App” on the child’s device and the “Famisafe Parental Control App” on the Parent’s device. We can download this app on both Android and iPhone devices.
- Step 2: Launch the app on both smartphones kids and parents. Scan the “QR code” on the parent’s device with the kid’s smartphone or enter the “Pin” on the kid’s smartphone manually:
- Step 3: Follow the on-screen instruction to set up the device.
- Step 4: After the setup process is fulfilled, the location history will display on the dashboard of the Famisafe parental control app:
Note: The Famisafe is a paid application, however, it gives 3 days of free trials to experience the app features.
The Alternative app for Famisafe is the “KidsGuard Pro” application. This app also gives the same feature as Famisafe.
We have wrapped up the 5 valuable methods to track someone’s location history on iPhone.
To see someone’s location history on iPhone, we have followed the five methods, such as checking location history through “Google Maps”, “Find My app” or using the “third-party application”. The first method can only work if we have the person’s Google account credentials. The second method will only track the location when the location service is enabled on the person’s device. The third method will download two apps on the both kids and parent’s devices, the location history of the kids is shown on the parent’s device. This post has elaborated on the efficient methods to check someone’s location history on iOS.