The Google Play Store is the Android market or online store where users can download many different applications, such as books, games, and digital content. Plenty of apps are free on Play Store, however, there are also some paid/premium apps available on it.
This guide will provide in-detail solutions that how we can stop Google Play Store from opening when using other apps.
Why Google Play Store Opening When Using Other Apps?
There are several reasons for the Google Play store opening when we are on the other apps. Some of the common reasons are stated below:
- Issues/errors in the third-party applications.
- The device has malware.
- Google Play Store might experience some technical issues at their end.
How to Stop Google Play Store From Opening When Using Other Applications?
To resolve the issue of the Google Play Store opening when we are on the other apps, follow the solutions which are mentioned below:
- Delete the Application that Redirects us to the Play Store.
- Check for malware in the device.
- Delete the app data and cache of the play store
- Force Stop the Play store.
- Re-add the Play Store Account.
- Delete and Reinstall the Update of the Google Play Store.
Let’s explore each solution!
Fix 1. Delete the Application That Redirects us to the Play store
If any third-party application displays too many ads and causes us to redirect to the Play Store; consider removing that application from the device. Moreover, if there is any untrusted or unknown application is installed on your device, simply delete it and verify if the issue is fixed; if not, let’s jump on fix 2.
Fix 2. Check For Malware in the Device
Sometimes, devices got infected with viruses by installing malicious applications. To check the malware in the device, download one of these applications on the device that is listed below
- Avast Mobile antivirus tool.
- McAfee Mobile antivirus tool.
- Kaspersky Mobile antivirus tool.
After installing, run the scan and quarantine/remove any suspicious deleted files.
Fix 3. Delete the App Data and Cache of the Play Store
In this process, first, we will clear the app cache and if it does not resolve the problem then we will clear the app data of the Google Play Store. To clear the cache and app data of the Google Play Store, follow the below-stated steps:
- First, tap on the “Apps” option in the settings of the Android device:
- Then, tap on the “Manage Apps” option and search for the Google play store:
- After that, tap on the play store and select the “Clear Data” option:
- Finally, select the “Clear cache” option. It will delete the cache data of the play store:
To clear the app data of the play store:
- First, follow the above three steps.
- Finally, select the “Clear Data” option. It will delete all the app data from the Google play store:
Fix 4. Force stop the Google Play Store
To force stop the google play store, follow the below stated steps:
- First, open settings and then tap on the “apps>manage apps” apps options.
- Then search for the Google play store in the search bar of the managed apps.
- Finally, tap on the “Force stop” option and then tap on the “ok” option:
These steps will force stop the Google play store.
Fix 5. Re-add the Google Account
To re-add the Google Play Store account, follow the below-given steps:
- First, launch settings and then select the “Account & Sync” option:
- Then, tap on the “Google” option and again tap on the “More” option:
- After that, select the “Remove account” option:
- Next, go to “Settings>Account&Sync>Add account” options:
- Finally, enter the User ID and Password to re-add the Google account:
This process will re-add the google account and resolve the problem.
Fix 6. Delete and Reinstall Play Store Updates
If this problem has occurred after recently updating the Google Play Store then updating is the reason for this issue. To resolve it, simply uninstall the Google Play Store updates and then re-install the updates of the Play Store. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, go to “Settings>apps>manage app” options and then search for the “Google Play Store”.
- Finally, select the “Uninstall updates” option and then select the “ok” option. After uninstalling, go back to the play store app and then try downloading the update again:
These steps will delete and re-install the updates of the Google Play Store and fix the issue.
We have covered the six most efficient fixes to tackle the problem Google Play Store opens itself while using other applications.
There are multiple reasons for the issue of the Google play store opening when we are on other apps, such as an error in the third-party application, malware, or the issue on the end of Google. The various solutions for this issue are “clearing the cacheandapp data of the Play Store”, “checking for malware”, and “uninstalling or re-installing the updates” of the Google play store. In this post, we have learned why Google Play Store is opening when using other apps and how to fix it.