Apple often updates its devices for stability purposes and to add some new features to the iPhone device. After the update of the iOS 14 version, the feature name “Mirror Front Camera” is added on the iPhone devices and this feature will flip the selfies into the opposite direction after we capture the photos. Sometimes, we do not like the mirror effect picture because by changing the direction, the picture looks entirely different.
This tutorial will elaborate on the proper steps to turn off mirroring on an iPhone camera.
How to Disable Mirroring on iPhone Camera
The mirroring on the iPhone camera is the feature that flips the picture in the opposite direction taken from the front camera of the iPhone device. We will turn off this feature by following the below-stated steps:
- Step 1: Go to the “Settings” app on the iPhone smartphone.
- Step 2: Select the “Camera” option. It will display a list of several options:
- Step 3: Toggle the “Mirror Front Camera” button to turn it off:
These steps will turn off the mirroring on the iPhone camera feature via settings.
How to Manually Unflip the Picture taken From the Camera Mirroring Feature
If we take the picture when the camera mirroring feature is enabled, and now, we want to unflip that picture; then follow the below-listed steps:
- Step 1: Launch the “Photos” app on the iPhone smartphone.
- Step 2: Select the “Picture” we desire to unflip and then hit the “Edit” icon:
- Step 3: Tap on the “Square” shape icon and then hit the “Two Triangles” shape icon:
These steps will manually unflip the picture taken from the camera mirroring feature.
Bonus Tip: How to Flip Pictures Through Third-Party Applications
If we have an iPhone device with “iOS 13” or earlier versions and do not have the mirroring camera feature. Then, we can utilize third-party applications to flip the picture. There are various applications on the “App Store” that flip pictures and give editor tools to customize them, but, it is recommended to use the application with “4.5” or above ratings. “Photo Mirror – Image Editor” software provides many amazing features to edit the picture. We will use the “Photo Mirror-Image Editor” application because it is very easy to use and provides great editor tools. Some of its key attributes are stated below:
- This software has 30 plus “mirror effects”.
- We can also apply multiple “Filters” to the pictures.
- It provides both options “Select the picture from the Photos app” or “Take the picture from its own mirror effect camera”.
These are some key features of the photo mirror-image editor application.
To turn off the mirroring on the iPhone camera, first, open the device settings and select the “Camera” option. Toggle the “Mirror Front Camera” button to turn it off. If we had taken the picture in the camera mirroring feature and wanted to unflip that picture, simply, open that image on the Photos app and select the “edit” icon. Tap on the “Square” shape option and then hit the “Two Triangles” shape icon. This guide has illustrated the suitable steps to turn off mirroring on the iPhone camera feature.