The IMS(IP Multimedia Subsystem) services will help the Android operating system to make calls and send sms to be delivered through an IP network on Android phones. Sometimes, this process could fail and the error message stating, “Unfortunately, IMS service has stopped” will pop up on the device screen. This error is very common on certain Samsung devices, such as Samsung Galaxy S8, S9, and S10.
In this blog, we will illustrate all the reasons and appropriate solutions to fix the unfortunately, IMS service has stopped the error message.
Reasons for the Error, IMS Service has Stopped on Samsung Cell Phones
The reasons for this issue are described below:
- Corrupted cache data of the messaging app.
- Outdated device software version.
- Third-party applications on the device.
These are some common errors that will cause this issue.
Solutions to Fix the IMS Service Has Stopped on Samsung Cell Phones
The solutions to rectify the IMS Service has Stopped problem are presented below:
- Remove the Corrupted Data of the Message App.
- Update the Software of the Device.
- Update all Apps on the Google Play Store.
- Restart the Device into Safe Mode.
- Utilize the Android Repair Tool.
Let’s illustrate each solution one by one:
Solution 1: Remove the Corrupted Data of the Message App.
To remove the corrupted data of the messaging app, follow the below-stated steps:
- Step 1: Launch the device settings and choose the “Apps” tab.
- Step 2: Find the “Message app” and then tap on it.
- Step 3: Hit the “Storage” tab and choose the “Clear Cache” option.
- Step 4: Hit the “Clear Data” tab and hit the “OK” choice.
These steps will remove the corrupted data of the messaging app and might resolve the issue.
Solution 2: Update the Software of the Device
To update the software of the device, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Navigate to the device settings and select the “Software Update” option:
Step 2: If the update is available, then tap on the “Download” option.
These steps will update the software of the device and resolve this issue.
Solution 3: Check for Apps Update on the Play Store
To update all the apps on the Play Store, follow the below-listed steps:
Step 1: Open the play store app and tap on the “Profile” icon:
Step 2: Select the “Manage apps and device” option and then tap on the “Update All” option:
It will update all the apps on the Google play store and resolve this issue.
Solution 4: Restart the Device in the Safe Mode of the Samsung Smartphone
To restart the device into safe mode, follow the below-given steps:
- Step 1: Turn off the device by pressing the power key until the cell phone screen turns black.
- Step 2: Hold the “power and volume up” keys until the cell phone logo displays. It will enable the recovery mode options.
- Step 3: From these options, choose the “Safe Mode” choice via the power and volume keys.
- Step 4: Check the apps and delete the culprit app that causes this issue.
These steps will restart the device into safe mode and resolve this issue.
Solution 5: Utilize the Android Repair Tool
The Android repair tool will fix all the issues in the Android software like the black screen and boot loop. The UltFone Android system repair is a great tool to resolve Android issues. Follow the below-stated steps to utilize this tool on an Android device.
Step 1: Download this tool by clicking here.
Step 2: Connect the cell phone to the pc through a USB cable.
Step 3: Select the “Repair Android System” option and then enter the device info, such as manufacturer name, device model, and country/region:
Step 4: Click on the Download option. It will start downloading the firmware to repair the device:
Step 5: Click on the “Repair now” option.
These steps will repair the Android device.
We have covered all the reasons and possible solutions to fix the, unfortunately, IMS service has stopped on Samsung.
The IMS(IP Multimedia Subsystem) services will help the Android operating system, to make calls and send sms to be delivered through an IP network on an Android cell phone. If this process fails, it will appear an error notification on the phone screen. The reason for this error message is an outdated software version of the device, corrupted cache and app data of the messaging app, and third-party applications of the device. The solutions to resolve this, Unfortunately, IMS services has stopped error are clearing the cache app data of the massage app, updating the device software, and utilizing the Android repair tool. This article has provided all the reasons and proper solutions to resolve this error message.