The iPhone is the Smartphone developed by Apple Inc. The first Apple smartphone was introduced on January 9, 2007. iOS is the operating system of iPhone smartphones and it comes with multi-touch technology. Safari, iCloud, and iMessage are the apps of the iOS operating system that only run on iPhone smartphones.
In this guide, we will demonstrate all the details and proper solutions for the “why does my Verizon iPhone say waiting for activation”.
Why does iMessage on Verizon iPhone say “Waiting For Activation”?
When we attempt to activate the iMessage app on the iPhone, an error message appears that says “Waiting For Activation”. There are various reasons for this error message which are mentioned below:
- While using the iMessage app we are not connected to the cellular network or WiFi.
- The date and time are incorrect.
- The iOS version got outdated.
How to Fix: Verizon iPhone iMessage Says “Waiting For Activation”?
To resolve the iMessage issue, let’s follow the below-mentioned solutions:
Solution 1. Check the Cellular and Wifi Network
The iMessage app requires good WiFi or cellular network signals to function properly. If the WiFi is not working fine, try to reconnect the WiFi by tapping on the “Setting>WiFi” option. Tap on the connected WiFi and select the forget option. After that, re-enter the password and open a website to check if it is working fine or not. If the WiFi is not working fine, then switch to the cellular network by tapping on the “Settings>Cellular” options and then toggle the “Turn On” button. This will resolve this error message issue and if not, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Switch the Airplane Mode On and Then Off
If the cellular network is connected and signals are not working properly try to switch the airplane mode on/off. It will clear any existing technical issues with the signals. To switch the airplane mode, follow the below steps:
- Simply, navigate to the settings, and at the top of the menu, toggle the turn-on button of the airplane mode.
- Finally, wait for 10 seconds, and after that, toggle the turn-off button of airplane mode.
These steps will resolve the issue of the error message and if not, let’s try the next solution.
Solution 3. Reboot the iPhone
To reboot the iPhone, follow the below-given steps:
- For home buttons on iPhone: simply press and hold the power/home button and then drag the slider to the right side.
- Finally, press and hold the power button until the logo appears, this will reboot the iPhone.
- For Iphone X and above models: simply press and hold the power/either volume buttons and then drag the slider to the right side.
- Finally, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 4. Check the Data and Time of the Phone
If the date and time are incorrect, the error message “Waiting for Activation” will occur. To resolve this simply navigate to the “Settings>General>Date and Time” options and then toggle the “Set the Time Automatically” option. Doing so will set the time according to our time zone.
Solution 5. Check for the Update on the iOS Device
Sometimes, the outdated version of iOS will cause this error message issue. To fix this, update the iOS to the latest version.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to update the iOS version:
- First, open “Settings” on the iPhone device.
- Next, tap on the “General” option and then the “Software update” option:
- Finally, if the update is available the phone automatically starts the updating process after hitting on the download update button.
Solution 6. Reset the Network Settings of the iPhone
If there is no software update available, try to reset the network settings of the iPhone. To reset the network setting, follow the steps described below:
- Simply, open the general option from the settings menu.
- After that, tap on the “Transfer or reset iPhone option” and then select the “Reset” option:
- Finally, tap on the “Reset Networks Settings” option:
These steps will reset the network settings and will fix the problem.
Solution 7. Sign out/in the Apple ID of the iPhone
Logging out from the Apple ID will refresh the settings of the iPhone. Simply tap on the profile at the top of the settings menu and then select the ”Sign Out” option. After that, re-enter the ID & password to log in again.
Solution 8. Contact the Customer Support
If the above solutions are not helpful at all, that means the issue is in the device’s software or hardware. This issue will only be resolved by the Apple repair store. Contact Apple customer support and tell them the issue of the error message. They will help in resolving the issue of the “Waiting for Activation” message.
When we try to activate the iMessage app a message occurs that says “Waiting for Activation” on the iPhone. There are numerous reasons for this error message such as wifi/cellular data not connected, data and time being incorrect, and an outdated version of the ios. There are various solutions to resolve this error such as checking the wifi/cellular connection, changing the date and time, and updating the ios to the latest version. In this tutorial, we have provided all the details and appropriate solutions of why the Verizon iPhone says waiting for activation.