The Airplane mode also called flight mode, which is available on all Android and iOS cell phones. This feature will stop the mobile from connecting to any signals, such as Bluetooth, WiFi, and cell tower transmission, but we can manually enable the WiFi signals after enabling airplane mode.
This post will illustrate the details of what happens when someone calls us in airplane mode on our iPhone device.
What Happens When Someone Calls US on Airplane Mode iPhone?
If someone calls us when our iPhone device is in airplane mode, we will face the below-explained outcomes:
- The caller listens “The person you are trying to call is powered off or unreachable”.
- Our iPhone device does not ring when our phone is in airplane mode.
- If we have a voicemail then the caller will leave a message and when we turn off the airplane mode, we will receive that message.
- If we do not have a voicemail then the caller does not leave a message and we will not be notified of that missed call even if we turn the airplane mode off.
- In airplane mode, we are allowed to enable the WiFi. If the WiFi is enabled and airplane mode on turn on then we will receive only phone calls via Whatsapp, FaceTime, and Instagram.
Want to know more that what will happen when someone sent a message to us and we are in airplane mode? Follow up on the next section.
Bonus Tip: What happens When Someone Texts US on Airplane Mode iPhone
If someone texts us when our iPhone device is in airplane mode, the following outcomes will take place:
- The text message sender will see the “Not delivered” mark on his/her phone.
- The text message will be saved in the server when we turn off the airplane mode. We will only be able to receive text from WhatsApp, Messenger, and Instagram as they use the internet for transmitting messages. We will not receive the text message on the cellular network even if we turn off the airplane mode.
These are things that happen when someone texts us in airplane mode on our iPhones.
The Airplane mode will prevent the smartphone from connecting to networks/signals, such as Bluetooth, cell tower transmission, and WiFi. If someone calls us when our phone is on airplane mode, our phone does not rings or receive any missed call notification even if we turn off airplane mode. We will only receive the missed call message when we have voicemail. This article has presented the details of what happens when someone calls us and our device is in airplane mode.