Earlier, we do store our important data on the computer and USB flash Drives as a backup. Now, there are multiple platforms available, such as “Dropbox and Google Cloud Storage” where we can store our important data without carrying USB flash drives. We can access the cloud data on any device by just entering the credentials of the account.
This article will enlighten the details about Cloud Agent and fixes to solve the “Unfortunately Cloud Agent has Stooped” error.
What is Cloud Agent on Android?
The “Cloud Agent” is a pre-installed service on Android that transfers and saves the “pictures/videos” from the “Gallery” to the cloud storage. Every smartphone manufacturer company has its cloud linked with its user account, such as, if you have a Samsung device then the cloud service is provided by Samsung. As every app has some advantages and disadvantages, so, the pros and cons of the Cloud Agent are stated below:
- It makes a backup copy of our data in case we mistakenly delete a picture or video from the gallery.
- It automatically syncs the new pictures and videos from the smartphone gallery to the cloud storage.
- We can access this data on any device if we remember the credentials of the device account.
- The only hustle of the Cloud Agent is it takes too much space on the device’s internal storage.
Fix: Unfortunately Cloud Agent has Stopped the Problem on Android Device
The “unfortunately cloud agent has stopped” error usually occurs when we open the sync pictures and videos. This issue is caused by “corrupted cache files” and “software incompatibilities”. We will remove the cache files and update the software of the device to resolve this issue. The steps of both procedures are described below:
Note: The steps we are doing below might be a little different depending on the Android software:
Removing the Cache Files:
- Step 1: Launch the settings of the Android device and select the “Apps/ Apps Manager” choice:
- Step 2: Hit the “Manage Apps/ All Apps” option and search for the “cloud”:
- Step 3: The cloud will display the device manufacturer name and then choose it.
- Step 4: Select the “Storage” option and hit the “Clear Data” choice:
- Step 5: Choose the “Clear Cache” option:
These steps will remove the corrupted files of the cloud agent app.
Update the Android Software:
The main purpose of the updating software is to remove any “bugs and glitches” from the operating system of the device:
- Step 1: Open the device settings and select the “About Phone” option:
- Step 2: Tap on the “MIUI version/ Software Update” option:
- Step 3: Hit the “Check for updates” option and if the update is available then choose the “Download and Install” option:
These steps will remove the minor bugs and glitches from the Android Device.
How to De-activate the Cloud Agent?
We cannot uninstall the Cloud agent from the device, however, we can de-activate its syncing process to save the device’s internal storage. The steps of this process are stated below:
- Step 1: On the device settings, select the “Apps/Apps Manager” option and choose the “All Apps/Manage Apps” option
- Step 2: Find the “Cloud with the device name” and then select it.
- Step 3: Hit the “Uninstall Updates” choice and then hit the “Force Stop” option:
These steps will deactivate the cloud agent on the Android device.
We have indicated all the details about Cloud Agent and fixes for the “unfortunately, cloud agent has stopped” problem.
The “Cloud agent” is a built-in service that syncs the pictures and videos from the gallery to the cloud storage on the Android smartphone. The advantage of this service is it helps when we lost data and it automatically syncs new data to the cloud storage. It takes vast space from the internal storage of the device. We can fix the “unfortunately Cloud Agent has stopped” issue by updating the Android software and removing the cache files. This blog has briefly described the Cloud Agent and the steps to deactivate it on the Android smartphone.