Some system applications play a very important role on the Android smartphones, such as com.android.settings.The com.android.settings are the package name of the settings app in which we change the date and time, ringtones, and other functions.
What is com.android.settings?
The “com.android.settings” is the pre-install system app that is used to control all the functionality and settings of Android smartphones or applications in it. The functions that control by this app are “changing wallpaper”, “navigation buttons”, and “themes app”.
Is com.android.settings app is Safe
The com.android.settings app is a legitimate system application that is very safe to use. It couldn’t harm the device and also couldn’t steal personal information,
How to Solve com.android.settings has Stopped Problem
An error message “com.android.settings has stopped” pop-ups on the device screen. To resolve this issue, simply follow the below-stated solutions:
Solution 1: Reboot the Android Device
To reboot the Android device, follow the steps listed below:
- Step 1: Hold the side power button of the Android device until it displays the options on the screen.
- Step 2: From these options, tap on the “Reboot/Restart” option.
These steps will restart the device and if the issue is not fixed then move toward the second solution.
Solution 2: Remove the Cache Data of the Settings App
To remove the cache data of the settings app, follow the below-described steps:
Step 1: Open the device settings and then select the “Apps/ Apps and Notifications” tab:
Step 2: Tap on the “Manage App” option and then search the settings app in it:
Step 3: Tap on the “Clear Data” tab and choose the “Clear Cache” choice:
Step 4: Tap on the “OK” option:
Can we Uninstall the com.android.settings or Not?
It is recommended to not uninstall the com.android.settings app because it is a very important system app and if we uninstall it, we are unable to change the settings of the apps and device. However, to uninstall this system application, pursue the below-described steps:
- Step 1: Launch the device settings and choose the “About Phone” option.
- Step 2: Tap on the build number seven times to turn on the developer option. After that, go back to the device settings and select the “Developer” tab.
- Step 3: Here, enable the “USB Debugging” choice and download the Universal ADB drivers on the pc by clicking here.
- Step 4: Extract the file into the folder and hit shift+right click on the empty surface.
- Step 5: Select the “Open command windows here/open PowerShell windows here” option and run the adb devices command in it.
- Step 6: Connect the smartphone to the pc via a USB cable and set the “Transfer File Mode” on the Android device.
- Step 7: Run this command to uninstall it permanently from the device:
adb shell pm uninstall -user 0 com.android.settings
These steps will uninstall the com.android.settings from the Android device.
We have presented all the explanations of the com.android.settings and proper steps for the error message or uninstalling it.
The com.android.settings app is the built-in system application on Android smartphones that are used to control the functionality and settings of the apps or device, such as changing the wallpaper and changing the ringtone. It is a legitimate application and very safe to use. It is not recommended to uninstall this system application because it plays a very important role on Android devices. We can uninstall this system app by utilizing the ADB(Android Debug Bridge). This guide has demonstrated all the details of com.android.settings and appropriate steps for the error message and uninstalling it.