The Cellular plan is the data plan provided by the carrier service providers which allows the users to access the internet and make phone calls when the WiFi network is not available. The carriers like “AT&T”, “Verizon”, and “Spectrum” provide multiple cellular plans to its user, such as unlimited plans and pay-as-you-go.
This article will present the details about why iPhone says to add a cellular plan.
Why Does iPhone Say Add Cellular Plan?
If we see the message stating “Add Cellular Plan” on the iPhone that means the iPhone has a feature to add and change the cellular plan without contacting the cellular service provider. This feature is very helpful if we wanted to change or add a cellular plan on our iPhone. In case, If we are satisfied with our current cellular plan, simply, ignore this message.
How To Add Cellular Plan on iPhone
Before getting into the steps of adding a new cellular plan on an iPhone, first, check the “device compatibility” whether it is locked or unlocked to that carrier service. Secondly, choose the carrier plan that suits you and get all the details of that plan, then follow the below-described steps:
- Step 1: Navigate to the “Settings” and select the “Cellular” option:
- Step 2: Hit the “Add Cellular Plan” choice. It will redirect us to a page that asks us to scan the QR code:
- Step 3: Scan the QR code provided by the carrier or select the “Enter details manually” option.
- Step 4: Enter the details and follow the on-screen instruction to add a new cellular plan to our iPhone device.
These steps will add the cellular plan on iPhone.
How to Stop Getting “Add Cellular Plan” Messages on iPhone
To stop the “add cellular plan” message on iPhone:
- Step 1: Launch the “Settings” on the iPhone smartphone.
- Step 2: Select the “Message” option:
- Step 3: Choose the “Send & Receive” option and replace the Send to our phone number option according to our preference:
These steps will stop displaying the “add cellular plan” message on iPhone.
We have indicated all the important details about why my iPhone says to add a cellular plan.
The message “Add Cellular Plan” on iPhone is a feature/option to add a cellular plan without contacting the carrier service provider, however, to utilize this feature, we have to confirm a few things like, “checking the device compatibility” and “choosing the cellular plans that suit us” and “confirming all the details of that plan”. If we are comfortable with our current plan then simply ignore the message or stop it from the settings. This write-up has elaborated on why my iPhone says to add a cellular plan.