Every smartphone has a flashlight that is located along with the camera. This flashlight is often used while shooting a video or capturing an image. We can also turn on/off the flashlight of the phone manually from the provided options. However, have you ever wondered if the flashlight can be used as a notification alert even when the phone is silent?
This article will explain how we can easily enable the flashlight with a notification alert on an iPhone or iPad.
How to Use Camera Flash as Notification Alert on iPhone?
iPhone is loaded with a bundle of features to facilitate its users and “LED Flash for Alerts” is one of those features that allows users to make their phone flash whenever they receive a notification. To use the “camera flash as notification alert” on iPhone, we will follow the steps which are given below:
Step 1: Open iPhone Settings
First, launch the settings of the iPhone by tapping on a gear icon:
Step 2: Choose Accessibility
Next, search for “Accessibility” option and select it:
Step 3: Access Audio/Visual Option
Now, scroll to see “Audio/Visual” option as shown in the below screenshot:
Step 4: Turn on LED Flash for Alerts
After that, toggle on the “LED Flash for Alerts” to make the phone flash via flashlight as a notification alert:
In case, if we do not want the phone to flash when receiving notification on silent mode then we have to turn off the “Flash on Silent” option.
Benefits of Using LED Flash for Alerts Feature on iPhone
There are a few benefits for using LED Flash for iPhone when getting notification alerts which are mentioned:
- Whenever the phone notification/ringtone is not audible, the flashlight will alert us in such situations.
- If the phone is even on silent, a flash alert can help us in knowing that we have received something on our device.
- Turning LED flash alerts can make our device stand out from all other ordinary devices which are present in the same room.
- We can utilize our smartphone flashlight more efficiently and purposefully by enabling this specific feature.
Cons of Using LED Flash for Alerts Feature on iPhone
Mostly, cons also take place wherever there are some pros of iPhone features, such as:
- If we receive a lot of calls or notifications in our daily routine, then the LED flash alert feature will make the battery drain fast.
- No doubt, iPhone is known for its quality; so, there are very minimal chances that the flashlight might stop working due to excessive use.
We have presented how camera flash can be used as notification alert on an iPhone. Also, we have described in detail that what are advantages and disadvantages of enabling this default flash alert feature of the iPhone.
To make the camera flash blink when receiving notification on iPhone, we will open the settings, select the accessibility option, and tap on audio/visual. Within audio/visual, scroll a bit down and switched on the option “LED Flash for Alerts” under the visuals section. In this tutorial, we have shown proper steps in the easiest manner for using camera flash as notification alert on any iOS device, such as iPad, iPod, and iPhone.